Monday, July 14, 2008

EuroPLoP 2008


I’m back and recovering from EuroPLoP 2008. As usual I am physically exhausted and mentally energised. Physically its a very healthy conference for me (lots of outdoor swimming, sauna and good food) - except for the large quantities of beer and small amounts of sleep which occur when you spend all night in the bar talking the finer points of software management, design and practice.

My paper was another instalment in my growing collection of business strategy design patterns. It was well received and as soon as I’ve made the suggested changes I’ll post it online. I think I’ve finally accepted that one day these patterns will be collected into a book. A lot of people have been suggesting that to me for a while but I’ve been reluctant, now I’ve spoken to a publisher about the idea but we agreed it won’t be for at least another year.

In the meantime sales of Changing Software Development are going well and I signed the copies people bought at the conference.

This time however the conference was special for me: I was the Conference Chair. This means I’ve been doing a lot of work over the last few months to get everything ready for the conference and I was busy with, well, the duties of a chair, at the conference.

Next year I’m going to be Programme Chair of the conference - more work, more stress!

The up side is when you are chair you get to organise the conference the way you like - well more or less. So this year the conference contained a number of changes and innovations, I think on the whole they were well received.

And for my next conference I’m off to Malmo in Sweden for Oredev 2008, but that’s not till November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.